Think there are not too many people will be interested to go to Taman Negara, and therefore it was my 1st time exploring it. As usual at moment like this, Lonely Planet helps a lot again.
We drove to Jerantut on Friday night right after work, and reached the hotel by 8pm. Nothing much to do in a small town like this, but we got to bump into some mat salleh and local students who were preparing to go to Taman Negara the next morning like we did. Hotel (or should I call it motel?) was cheap, but new and clean, and think we dont have much choices in town like this. It was far better than I expected.
Early morning we caught a bus to the port and got into a boat which took 3 hours to enter Taman Negara. There was another option which we could take a bus which is faster, but Lonely Planet recommended to take a boat trip as it would be interesting. I didnt see how interesting it was, as nothing much along the river. But i guess those mat salleh enjoyed it quite much as they would not have much experience seeing tropical forest as we do.
Spent a day and half in the forest, did some hiking, which almost killed me. I thought that I was strong to do some 'little' walking, but i didn't expect it to be that exhausting. Think i should go to my gym more often when i go back to KL :P
Boats that we took to go into Taman Negara - doesn't look too good, but was quite comfortable for 3 hours trip, I even had a little nap :)
Somewhere up on a hill with great view, which I was half-dead
Was fun doing the canopy walk, the MUST DO in Taman Negara
Kayak - quiet and peaceful, good time to clear the mind up
1 comment:
really tired to climb up to the hill
Post a Comment