Sunday, May 11, 2008

Lake toba - February

After coming back from Germany/ Amsterdam in Jan, I did heavy traveling for months...

Since it's Chinese New Year and I was released from visiting to aunties uncles with my mom( hehe my parents flew to Barcelona & Portugal on Cho 1 night already) I had the opportunity to visit Lake Toba that planned to go long time ago.

It's a very nice place to relax. As it is a small island in the huge lake, it is not as hot as the beach, not as sandy as the beach. Always breezy (sometimes even very cold in the evening), clean lake water.

I was surprised there are so many churches there, almost every 500 meters. There are big one, small one, and all in different designs. Kids were very excited to see us, always waved hands and shouted 'halo' to us.

I enjoyed for the first few days and started to hate it when I was stung by the sand bugs! It felt so itchy, and swollen everywhere. I couldn't stop scratching it and couldn't sleep well at night..

my hand was swollen as if there is an alien struggling to come out from the hand!

The local kids swam happily and nakedly in the lake

I swam happily but not nakedly in the lake

the lake view from hill

churches a long th road
the Batak style villa that we stayed

nice & cozy lobby/ restaurant/ hang out place

No comments: